maanantai 4. heinäkuuta 2011

Hooray!

So, I received some results from the schools that I applied to and I'm stoked:

*University of Lapland - graphic design, bachelor/master degree program 22.75 points (minimum 18.75) - passed!

*Metropolia University of applied sciences - 3D animation and visualization 100/100 (minimum 94) - passed

*Kymenlaakso University of applied sciences - digital media 90/100 (minimum 74) - passed! A secondary choise

Woo!

I now get to decide between the first two. A tough one. I love both graphic design and animation, I just don't have much expertise with 3D as of yet - no finished works at least. I've already been to one graphic design school so I have a solid background for that. I have to think carefully, lots more essay writing and researching in the uni

Too bad I didn't know about KyAMK's digital media program (emphasis on game, user interface, character and level design - how cool would that have been!)  until this year. I should have applied there last year when I just tried to get into Turku University of applied sciences' once-every-fourth-year Animation director program, but didn't get enough points eventually. They were very picky and emphasized heavily on scriptwriting, sigh.

Whichever I decide, I now get enough time and chance to revamp my portfolio, perhaps even produce a demo reel.


Statistics:

As of today, my online portfolio has had 2043 visitors since 2008. My blog pictures have been watched 50-140 times each. The photorealistic ones have been most watched, and the Bergman screenshot study with felt markers pic has 143 clicks. The ones I have put most effort into have most clicks and the sketches much less. There was a total of one comment last year on that particular Bergman pic. Conclusion: don't be sloppy, put effort into it. Use references if needed and strive for better result.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti